Friday, February 13, 2009

Quince Restaurant (2nd time)

It is Friday the 13th, the day before Valentine's Day, and my husband just took me to Quince for yet another good meal.  We started off with aperitif's - sweet vermouth on the rocks and dubonais on the rocks for me.  We shared the pork/celeriac/apricot terrine - it was good, but Delux's terrine's are softer and more flavorful.  I'm always in awe of the way the grainy mustard is presented on a plate - the cutest spoonful of mustard shaped like a mini-football.  For entrees, one of tonight's special's was fresh pickerel.  It had a lovely broth and came with sugar snap peas and beautiful thin sliced mushrooms, and heirloom looking tomatoes.  My husband ordered that.  I had the braised lamb shank with mashed potatoes and watercress salad.  It was melt in your mouth delicious.  We paired our meal with a half liter of Pinot Grigio.  For dessert, we both ordered our own chocolate bread pudding with vanilla ice cream.  It is SO good.  This is what bread pudding should be.  Not like the one at Auberge that was a cross between flan and creme brulee.  I most definitely recommend Quince now the way I did before.  Even more so because service came with a smile, the price point is just right, and the food is delicioso.

No comments: