Monday, December 7, 2009

PORT Restaurant in Pickering, Ontario

Located on the bay in Pickering, Ontario, is a lovely restaurant called PORT. www.portrestaurant.ca
We went as a party of 4 and toddler for brunch this past Sunday, December 6.
3 of us ordered the Huevos Rancheros - delicious! It was an interesting compilation of crispy tortillas, refried beans, eggs (however way you wanted them), bacon, sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo. Since I've been on a salsa kick lately, I opted for this Mexican influenced breakfast meal and I licked the plate clean. Roasted potatos accompanied this dish and they were perfectly cooked and plentiful. The restaurant just brought high chairs into this establishment, so our daughter christened their first high chair, making it family friendlier. On a side note - service was a little inconsistent. We all ordered water alongside another beverage and only 3 of us got a glass of water. I have a thing for removing plates from the table when all guests at the table are not finished eating. That happened here. Coffee was ordered but spoons to stir the coffee did not accompany. A man came by to ask how are meal was, and when my husband asked for some extra napkins, he hesitated and I wound up jumping in to save the day with paper towels I brought from home. He should have been instantly agreeable. Simple etiquette and techniques for wait staff should be reviewed in order for this establishment to get on my repeat performance list.

No comments: